Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Forgot I Have a Blog...

I guess it's been a little while. My bad.

Anyways, I decided to work on a project today. Well, two projects actually. I needed to clean my room - I was getting tired of waking up to spiders on my chest. And the other project was to take a cover of an issue of The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) and combine it with that of a Playboy cover.

Okay, so let me show you the two original covers:


(JAMA Cover)


(Playboy Cover)

Quite a difference a half naked lady can make. One thing in particular which is important to note about the JAMA cover is it's lack of cover lines (there are none). I needed to find out what was featured in the October 17, 2007 issue of JAMA to correctly display appropriate cover lines on the JAMA/Playboy hybrid. Here's what I found:

Vol. 298 No. 15, pp. 1733-1826, October 17, 2007
TABLE OF CONTENTS
  • Institutional Academic–Industry Relationships
  • Invasive Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Infections in the United States
  • Adult Cystic Fibrosis
  • Adverse Effects of Incretin Therapy for Type 2 Diabetes
  • Comprehensive "Proteomic Profile" of Amniotic Fluid May Aid Prenatal Diagnosis
  • Elephantiasis Parasite Genome
  • Essentials of Diagnostic Breast Pathology: A Practical Approach
  • The Death of Sigmund Freud: The Legacy of His Last Days
Take a look above at the words in bold. Those are the ones I chose to insert into the various cover lines of the new cover (with a few "spice" ups). And so now I present to you,

JAMA UNRATED:


(Click on the image to make it larger)

And that is how I spent my day. More people would want to be doctors if I was the editor of JAMA.

P.S. Here is a link to a cool break down of the various parts of a magazine cover.
(For those who are interested in marketing and what not.)

4 comments:

  1. only for adults with cystic fibrosis. that line right there would make me want to be a doctor.

    and don't worry about not posting for a while, i've been pretty slack with my updates too, so at least you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Emily. Now I am not as self-conscious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cover. if you ever wanna make a cover for one of my books, just say the word! !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!! This is great.
    I'd subscribe :P

    ReplyDelete